School shoes sure take a beating. Girls wear them five days a week for the entire school year.
But it isn’t just unbuckled t-bars that fall apart. Girls also destroy laceups, like this pair of ‘Jezra’ shoes by Wilde.
Girls at Staughton College are permitted to wear t-bar shoes with their school uniform. They wear white socks with their summer dress, and navy tights or white socks with their winter skirt. Pants or slacks are also an option.
At Staughton College we take pride in the appearance of our students and the college uniform when worn correctly is a smart neat look.
Common issues we are faced with can include:
- Incorrect shoes
- Incorrect hosiery (Black leggings, black/blue stockings rather than navy blue opaque tights & coloured socks rather than white)
- Visible undergarments
- Non Staughton branded scarves
- Staughton Fleece Jacket (Now replaced by a Staughton soft shell jacket)
- Pullover (Navy Soft Feel, with stripe in V-neck and school logo) COMPULSORY
- Blazer (Navy Twill with logo) OPTIONAL
Polar Fleece Jacket(Navy Polar Fleece Zip Jacket, with school Logo) OPTIONAL
- Summer Dress (Blue/White check dress)
- Summer/Winter Skirt(Blue/White/Gold Check Skirt in Poly Viscose Fabric)
- S/S Shirt (Blue Short Sleeve collar attached straight bottom shirt with school logo)
- L/S Shirt(Blue Long Sleeve collar attached straight bottom shirt with school logo)
- Girls Slacks(Grey Poly/Viscose, Straight Leg Slacks with logo)
- Unisex Trousers(Grey, full elastic waist trouser with school Logo)
- Unisex Shorts(Grey full elastic waist draw string shorts, with logo)
- Socks (White)
Tights (Navy Microfibre/Opaque Tight)
- Black leather polishable lace up shoes for boys and girls.
- Black leather polishable T-bar shoes for girls.
- Shoe laces are to be totally black.
Girls at Monterey Secondary College are permitted to wear t-bar school shoes with their uniform. They pair them with white or black socks all year round, tights also permitted with the winter uniform.
It is the policy of the College that all students from Year 7-12 wear the correct uniform whilst at school and when traveling to and from school. Shoes must be a plain black leather school shoes. Runner variations are not acceptable. Platform shoes, thongs or open-toed sandals are not suitable for school wear. White or black socks must be worn at all times. The college also has a sport uniform which allows for the wearing of runners.
Monterey Secondary College – The Basic Code of Practice and Minimum Expectations
Wear your uniform correctly at all times. That means shirts are tucked in, ties are done up properly, shoes are the lace up leather shoes, or buckled up T bars.
An interesting pair of Harrison Idaho t-bar school shoes.
January 13, 2014
These Red Idaho tbar Harrison shoes are very special to me.
These were my daughters school shoes back in the 80’s and she stripped them to red and wore them to University.
The white paint is from when she painted her bedroom.
Can anyone share such a memory?
And YES these are the shoes based on todays Tbars!
T-bar school shoes sure take a beating. Girls wear them five days a week for the entire school year!
There are many reasons to get your t-bar shoes buckled up. You won’t shuffle your feet along the ground. That wears out the soles of your shoes.
If you don’t you’ll get holes in the bottom, and wet feet in winter
Shuffling alters your gait, bending your shoe more than normal. Keep at it, and eventually the stitching between the sole and the shoe upper will break.
All that shuffling can scuff also the toes of the shoe.
Shoe polish can’t fix the worst scuffing.
Incorrectly fitted shoes mean feet slide around inside the shoe, wearing it away.
Lunchtimes spent sitting crosslegged on the asphalt result in scuffed patches on the side of the shoe.
But keeping your shoes buckled up won’t prevent the strap breaking.
With nothing left to do up, this pair of Wilde t-bar school shoes is destined for a life of shuffling around unbuckled.
Found on Yahoo Answers.
Q: Hey – I’m Australia so this’ll probably make more sense to Aussie girls. Just wondered why so many girls who wear those T-bar type sandals, always leave the buckles undone??
A: haha i do….i dunno i guess its more comfortable and easier to walk in =] but most of the time i do them up cause of the teachers….(there pretty strict =/)