Girls at Rowville Secondary College were banned from wearing t-bar school shoes from 2013. They wear black shoes and white socks with both their summer and winter uniforms, with navy tights an option in winter.
Only black polishable leather lace-up school shoes with heel. No other style of shoes permitted
T-bars will no longer be part of the uniform in 2014.
This decision was made by College Council in the interest of student health and safety as an alarming number of students wear T-bars unbuckled.
N.B All parents/guardians/students were advised of this in the 2013 packages distributed Term 4 2012.
All parents/guardians are advised to purchase black polishable leather lace up school shoes with a small heel.
– College summer dress (of modest length with under garments not visible)
– OR College grey slacks and plain white College shirt
– OR College standard length grey shorts and plain white College shirt;
– College jumper;
– plain white socks (above the ankle with no logos);
– black polishable leather lace-up school shoes with heel
– OR black polishable leather T-bar school shoes with single buckle and heel.
As of 2013, due to continued Occupational Health and Safety issues, T-bar shoes will no longer be acceptable and all students will be required to wear black polishable leather laceup school shoes.
June 12th 2012
Parents/Guardians please note that effective from 2013 T-bars will not be part of the uniform. College Council has made this decision in the interest of student safety.
16 December 2011
Girls : T- bars will be replaced by black leather lace up shoes. The reason for this change is that they are not strong enough as the buckle often breaks leading to students wearing them in manner that could result in injury. Increasingly students are choosing to wear them unbuckled in this dangerous and untidy manner.