Girls at Brighton Secondary School in Adelaide have been permitted to wear t-bar school shoes since 2014. They wear black shoes and plain socks with both their summer dress or shorts, black socks with their trousers, and black tights or white socks with their winter skirt. In winter lace up shoes are preferred by the girls, with Roman sandals a popular option in summer.
• BSS tailored charcoal grey pants
• BSS tailored charcoal grey shorts, knee length
• BSS blue/green check dress, knee length
• BSS tartan skirt, knee or mid-calf length worn only with BSS white and green pinstripe shirt
• Black/navy 50+ denier tights are the preferred option with the skirt but plain white or BSS mid-calf socks may be worn
• Black, flat-soled, sturdy, leather, lace-up school shoes or plain black leather sports shoes
• Black leather T-bar (Bata brand) school shoes
• Brown leather school (not fashion) sandals with acceptable support and sturdy strap buckled around the ankle
• Boots are NOT to be worn
• sandals are NOT to be worn for certain subjects – see further information at end of policy
• shorts are to be worn with white socks and black school shoes, not sandals
• the soles should not twist.
The uniform committee has approved girls to wear the T-Bar shoes except in those subject areas affected (Technical Studies, Home Economics, Music and Science) where closed in leather shoes are required. We recommend the “Bata Brand”.
The black canvas sandshoes are NOT school uniform and are NOT approved. Students wearing these shoes and other inappropriate shoes will receive consequences for not following the policy.